Training Secrets of Taekwon-Do
An old proverb says that even heaven cannot make a diligent worker poor. However, in Taekwon-Do, diligence or intensive training alone does not produce quality techniques. On the contrary, instructions from a false or unqualified instructor would be worse than not being taught at all because unscientific movements not only reduce the power but require a tremendous amount of time to correct. On the other hand, under the proper guidance of a competent instructor, a student who trains earnestly with dedication will learn the true techniques of Taekwon-Do in a comparatively short period of time with less effort.
Students should keep in mind the following secrets:
- To study the theory of power thoroughly.
- To understand the purpose and method of each movement clearly.
- To bring the action of eyes, hands, feet and breath into one single coordinated action.
- To choose the appropriate attacking tool for each vital spot.
- To become familiar with the correct angle and distance for attack and defence.
- Keep both the arms and legs bent slightly while movement is in motion.
- All movements must begin with a backward motion with very few exceptions.
- To create sine wave during the movement by utilizing the knee spring